Thursday, June 13, 2013

Welcome!

Hi, everybody.  My name is Alex Ibaraki.  I'm a teacher in the ESL department at Santa Monica College in Santa Monica, CA.  I teach academic reading and writing, advanced grammar, and academic vocabulary.

I earned a BS in Biology and an MA in English with options in Teaching English as a Second Language and Rhetoric/Composition both from Cal Poly Pomona. I'm pursuing this Master's degree because I want to find new ways to engage my students in on-ground classes, teach online courses, and overcome my paralyzing fear of technology.

Outside of teaching I enjoy hanging out with my family, trying new food (and drinks), being health conscious, running, reading, and playing the piano.
I plan on using this learning log to organize, share, and reflect on the artifacts that I develop throughout this program. 






No comments:

Post a Comment